Who we are
Release My Equity is owned and operated by:
- Unleash Equity Ltd
16 Tichborne Street
- Contact Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
At Unleash Equity Ltd, we look after your details carefully. We adhere strictly to the requirements under UK data protection legislation following the introduction of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
This policy describes how we collect, use and look after the information you provide us with when you use our online and mobile services and when we provide you with our products and services.
The Type of Personal Information We Collect
Our company collects the following data
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example,name, address, date of birth, postcode, value of property, email address, phone number, outstanding mortgage.);
- Financial information (for the purpose of combating fraud and money laundering);
- Health and medical information (for the purpose of providing insurance advice);
- Property informant (for the purpose of mortgage underwriting);
- See our privacy and cookies policy for details of information collected by our website.
- Marketing information such as understanding the marketing channel used to arrive on the website.
- Information on how you use our website, including details of your domain name and Internet Protocol (IP) address, operating system, browser version, cookie details, how long you stayed on a page, the route you took to navigate through the pages and the website that you visited prior to accessing our site.
How We Get the Personal Information and Why We Have It
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- Mortgage advice, assessment/qualification and underwriting;
- Insurance advice, assessment/qualification and underwriting.
- This information is collected on a ‘contractual’ basis to assist us with providing you with a mortgage and protection advice service via one of our partners.
We use the information that you have given us in order to best ensure you receive the right mortgage and/or insurance advice.
We may share this information with:
- Authorised Mortgage Brokers selected to advise you.
- Lenders (the specific lenders approached will be disclosed to you during the advice process);
- Insurance companies (the specific insurers approached will be disclosed to you during the advice process);
- The Financial Conduct Authority (regulatory purposes);
- The Information Commissioner’s Office (law enforcement);
- National Crime Agency (Law enforcement)
- Other law enforcement bodies (law enforcement);
- Customer Relationship Management and Product Sourcing Systems (day to day processing of your data).
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- We have a contractual obligation;
- We have a legal obligation;
- We have a legitimate interest.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored in electronic format using our partners customer relationship management system.
Additionally, they will also make use of market leading product sourcing technology provided by Mortgage Brain, Trigold, iPipeline and AIR sourcing.
We keep the above personal information for as long as is necessary to fulfil our regulatory and legal responsibilities.
This means that we will retain your information for as long as you are legally able to file a complaint or as long as we have a legal obligation to do so under Anti-Money Laundering legislation. We will then dispose your information by permanently deleting from our files.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have certain rights; including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at: email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office [ICO] if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: www.ico.org.uk